Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of Final Task

Hello, my name is Jontae and coming from break I am ready to begin our next assignment. While I traveled around the country playing basketball I was absolutely elated to come just for this class. This year I started 11th grade and it has not been easy. Balancing all of the school work, basketball, and my social life is a very tough task. But, I have been working on it and I am improving everyday. My sleeping schedule has been off a little since I get home so late from our games. I made a lot of new acquaintances in these last couple of months. I think I have opened up to people more. As we start our final task, I decided to work with the same group with Edguardo, Fulvio, and Michael. Like they say if it is broke don't fix it.

I have learned many things this school year from taking just media. The best thing that I learned is Procrastination is your worst nemesis. I know everyone says that, but this year right out of the gate I learned something was going to have to change. Doing all the research for a music video or commercial is time consuming. Add in all the planning you have to then executing your plan can get really stressful at times. After the commercial we realized this was class that was going to require to do our work ahead of time. Now I say this as I am typing this a couple of minutes before it is due, but I really did become better. One thing that I also learned is that I kinda enjoy filming things. I like to a movie or commercial come together in my head and it come out exactly how I pictured it. Now I am saying it has been extremely fun to take this class.

  We recently learned what a pitch was in class. Now before this the only pitch was in baseball or softball. In Hollywood a pitch is an idea where a film is summarized in 25 seconds or less. Our first pitch was there's a transaction of money and envelope, dad leaves kid home alone, forgets to lock door, kid is taken, police question and try to solve. Our second one is after the mysterious murders of citizens throughout a small town a detective seeks to find the man who did it before he kills again. Our last one is 3 men were planning to rob a millionaire while he goes on his daily run but he is aware of what is about to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Essay

In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time. Audience consumption for ...